Links to History Day Resources
American Journeys (primary source)
American Memory Collection
American Rhetoric (speeches)
Archiving Early America
Eyewitness to History
Gettysburg Address Reaction
Government Documents (primary source)
Ironworld Research Center
Manuscripts - Library of Congress
MN Historical Society - Media Catalogs
MN Communities - Primary Sources Features Hibbing, St. Anthony, and Red Wing
Minnesota Historical Society Visual Resources
National History Day - Minnesota
National Public Radio Archives
PBS American Experience
Timeline - American Memory
Timeline - U.S. History
Wilson Library - University of MN
- American Colonist's Library - Primary source documents pertaining to early American history.
- American Journeys - Eyewitness accounts of early american exploration and settlement.
- American Memory - Digital copies from the Library of Congress of written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music.
- American Rhetoric - Full text audio and video (streaming) versions of public speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, debates, interviews, and other recorded media events.
- America's Story - Library of Congress primary source documents.
- Archiving Early America - Primary source materials from the 1700's.
- Avalon Project - Documents in law, history, and diplomacy from Yale Law School.
- Best History Websites - Links to over 1000 history websites.
- Chronology of U.S. Historical Documents - List of document in chronological order.
- Digital History - Historical Newspapers, Court Cases, Landmark Documents, Ethnic Voices, Interactive Timeline.
- Documenting the American South - Primary source documents on southern history, literature, and culture.
- Encyclopedia Smithsonian - List of subjects with links to information and artifacts in the Smithsonian collections.
- EuroDocs - Primary historical documents from western europe.
- Eyewitness to History - Eyewitness accounts and documents of historical events
- Historical Museum Guide for the United States - Directory of U.S. History Museums.
- History Matters - Links to many Primary source documents.
- National Archives - Pictures, drawings, maps, charts, and documents.
- NYPL's Online Photographs & Manuscripts - Free use in classroom or student paper that is not for publicatio
- Our Documents - 100 milestone documents from the National Archives with photos and information on each document.
- Repositories of Primary Sources - Listing of over 5,000 websites of primary sources.
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History - Documents from the Smithsonian Museum.
- Springfield Township High School - Links to many Primary Sources.
- State Archives and Historical Societies - Links to historical societies, archives, and museums.
- State, County, and Local Government - Websites for these government agencies.
- Veterans History Project - Hear and See U.S. Veterans Stories.