Be heard. Be a solution. Be united.
Members of the group where students of the same age-group facilitate resolving disputes between two people or small groups. Also do community service, offer volunteer oppurtunity and participate in Peace Jam and Nobel Peace Festival.
The goals of peer mediation are to:
- empower students to manage conflict and gain perspective
- develop communication and decision making skills for the future
- build a sense of cooperation and a supportive school culture
When you refer a disputant to peer mediation, please notify them of the referral, and explain the goals of peer mediation and the nature of the mediation (they will be talking about the conflict with a student mediator helping). Mediations will take place within one week of referrals.
1. Referral online or hard-copy returned to the Peer Mediation Mailbox.
2. Disputants are contacted, and mediators are chosen.
3. Disputants and Mediator meet on school grounds and create an agreement and follow up plan.
4. Mediators debrief and check back in with disputants.
Advisors: Kirstyn Ouverson