What is a Site Council?
A site council is a team of teachers, staff, parents, principals and others from a school community who work together to help their school be successful.
Site councils may:
- Help shape and support the school's mission;
- Help develop the School Continuous Improvement Plan;
- Drive school change and develop conditions for success;
- Have input into the selection of school staff and principal;
- Help plan and prioritize the school budget.
Through site councils -- which can involve school staff, parents, students and other community members in key decisions -- site-based improvement can create more effective learning environments for children.