WELCOME TO ELL 5
Teacher: Jane Gleason
Phone voicemail: 651-754-7574
Community Education Catalog click to open the catalog for classes on this page
Learn English- Learn Songs!
NEWSELA This is an excellent reading site for students to improve on thier critical thinkikng skills. You need to sign up for a free account.
Basic Guides to Writing and Grammar
May-June Rules and Law Unit
Reading Skills Story- Marshall Adult EducationMemorial Day Lesson EL Civics
Reading Skills -Marshal ABE lesson Memorial Day
1. Crime in America Listening And Vocabulary Story HERE
2. Ways to Reduce Crime Listening Story HERE
3. Read the Story Neighbors Fight HERE
After Listening and reading the stories, click the activities button.
Discuss the question: What are 3 things neighbors can do to get along?
Read the "Learn More from Other Websites" stories about "Voices of Adult Learners: Getting Along with People". Compare to one of your own postive experiences.
4. Read the story and do activities Hate Crime HERE
5. Theft Occurs Everywhere Story HERE
6. Listen and Read Story on Personal Security HERE
Law and Lawsuit Stories
Video: Police Interrogation
1. Many people bring lawsuits against another person or organization. Read this story HERE about a young student who wanted to sue her school. Do the vocabualry activities.
2. Read about a community that claims a law is racist New Law for Taco Trucks
3. Can cameras in Police Cars reduce lawsuits? READ HERE
4. Lawsuit Settlement Listening activity HERE