Welcome to the Library!
Saint Paul Public Schools Library Services empowers students and staff to become enthusiastic readers, critical thinkers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information. To accomplish this, we:
- Provide resource-rich library environments that encourage curiosity and learning.
- Curate collections of a rich mix of resource that align with curriculum and student interests.
- Collaborate with teachers in instructional planning to support personalized learning.
- Offer engaging programs to connect students and staff with authors, partner organizations, and enrichment opportunities.
Library Services supports the SPPS Achieves Strategic Plan. Library Media Specialists are crucial school staff members in providing a well rounded education and preparing students for informed living in an information-rich society. Under the leadership of the library media specialist, the school library provides students access to resources and technology, connecting classroom learning to real-world events. By providing access to an array of well-managed resources, school libraries enable academic knowledge to be linked to deeper, personalized learning. The expanded learning environment of the school library ensures the unique interests and needs of individual students are met. In this way, effective school library programs prepare students for college, career, and community.
Search for Books in our Library
- TumbleBooks - eBooks to read at school or home
- PebbleGo - Nonfiction elementary database covering Animals, Biographies, Earth & Space, and Social Studies.
- MackinVIA - eBooks and audios books. Login with active directory username & password. Collect books in your virtual backpack.
- OverDrive - log in with Active Directory username & password
- International Children's Digital Library - Children's literature from around the world (many languages supported)
- Story Online - Well-known actors read aloud children's books - interactive and free
- Read to Me - Popular children's books read by well-known performers; free, colorful, engaging
- ABCYa - Short stories read aloud with highlighted text + educational games; grades K-5
- Starfall - Listen and follow along to stories read; for early readers
- Storynory - Play or download original, classic and fairytale stories for kids; text is included
- We Give Books - Read for social good - each book read results in one donated to charity; books to read to self (no audio); levels PreK-4
- Story Cove - Stories from around the world organized by continent
- MAP Reading
- Aesop's Fables - Largest online collection of fables - written (some with audio)
- Magic Keys - Free eBooks, some with audio
- MeeGenius! - eBooks with mobile options
- Online Storytime by Barnes & Noble - Free popular story books read aloud
- MCA Reading test practice
- Study Island - username and password required - check with classroom teacher
- Slime Kids - Literacy Games
- Slime Kids - Book Reviews
Saint Paul School Districts have purchased eBooks for all of our students to engage in while at school. Please ask one of your students for the username and password.
LibraryGo---> Library Go is your virtual Saint Paul Public Library card, now available to all SPPS students. Students & teachers can access resources online and borrow items from your local library today. Enter Barcode (22091600+6 digit student ID) and the PIN (Your birthday).
Library phone: 651-744-4380
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30 am-4:00 pm