Degrees and Certifications:
Bonjour! Bienvenue au monde de français! Welcome to the world of French at Highland Park Middle School.
Je m'appelle Madame Propson! I am the French teacher at Highland Park Middle School. I started my teaching career at Highland Park Middle School in 2015. I earned my bacherlor's degree in French education while study at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, Université Caen-Basse Normandie (France), and Université Sainte-Anne (Nova Scotia). I have also earned my Master's of Education in Instructional Design from Western Governor's University.
I can't wait to grow and learn with the wonderful students here!
French Program Introduction
For more information about the MYP French Exploring French, French 1A, and French 1B courses, please Schoology.
You are on an exciting voyage of discovery. As you learn to communicate in French with your classmates, teachers, and other French-speaking teens, you will ....
- meet people from many French-speaking countries and find out what it's like to live there
- gain knowledge about diverse cultures, traditions, history, and language in the Francophone world
- expand your horizons, develop your intellect, and prepare to become a citizen of the world
Why is it important to learn French? Did you know that ...?
- there are over 200 million people in the world in more than 50 countries on five continents that speak French
- there are over 20 million French speakers nearby, in Canada, North and Sub-Saharan Africa, the Carribbean, South America, and even closer to us, in Louisiana, and New England
- French is the Romance language most similar to English; at least 30% of all English words can be traced to French, so learning French will improve your English-language skills
- French is among the official languages of the United Nations, UNESCO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross, the Organization for African Unity, to name a few organizations
- a second language is often a requirement for college, and through its connections to English, can boost your success at your studies
- French gives you access to discoveries and prominent persons in the world of art, science, architecture, technology, music, food, literature, government, diplomacy, fashion, and film
- French connects you to the history of the United States and the thousands of places whose names are derived from French
Whatever your reasons for studying French, have a good journey as you discover the language and culture.
Bon voyage! Bonne chance!