My name is Allanna Skoogman and I am the school nurse at Cherokee Heights.
I am new to Cherokee this year.
I look forward to working with our students and their families. As the school nurse I act as a liaison between students, school personel, family, healthcare professionals and the community. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your child's health.
ILLNESS AND SENDING YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL
Keep your child home if:
- he/she has a fever of 100 degrees or more during the previous evening or night or in the morning.
- has vomited or had diarrhea during the night or in the morning.
- has a rash that may be caused by a disease or if the cause is unknown, check with your family physician before sending the student to school.
If your child becomes ill while at school, staff will attempt to notify you. Please keep contact numbers up-to-date in case school needs to reach you. Parents or guardians are typically notified if:
- Fever is over 99.5 degrees
- Vomiting has occurred
- Recurring bouts of diarrhea
- Head Injury at school