Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find information about athletic events, calendars, coachs, forms, fees and regulations?
Click on the following links:
Why are students involved in athletics at Highland Park Senior High School?
- A group of dedicated coaches who hold students to high standards
- Students benefit academically from participation
- Athletes average fewer than 5 absences per year
- Athletes score 18% higher, on average, than non-athletes on the state reading test
How do I get involved in athletics at Highland Park Senior High School?
- Each sport has a sign-up prior to the start of the season.
-Students can sign-up at the meeting and in the Athletic Office
- Incoming freshman can contact the coaches for specific information about the sport
-REMINDER Fall Sports begin in mid August
What sports does Highland Park Senior High School have?
What do I need to do prior to the beginning of practice for each sport?
- Each athlete must have a MSHSL form signed by both parent/athlete and it must be submitted the the Athletic Director
- A physical stating the athlete is cleared to participate in athletics without resptrictions must be on file with the Athletic Director.
- Physicals are valid for three years.
- A participation fee and an equipment fee must be paid. Additional fees may apply for some sports. Fees may be paid in the Athletic Office.
-Remain academically eligible to participate. A student must work toward obtaining credits to meet graduation requirements and achieve at least 4 credits per quarter