Special Education Advisory Council
The purpose of the Saint Paul Public Schools’ Special Education Advisory Council is to collaborate with the District’s Office of Specialized Services to:
We do this by:
- Address the unique needs of diverse learners so they can meet their maximum potential.
- Promote an attitude of respect toward all students and a welcoming environment for all families.
- Build strong relationships between families, schools, community partners, and district decision makers to influence policy making.
- Empower and support parents to effectively advocate for children.
- Informing and educating parents, school staff, students and community members through workshops, websites, and printed materials.
- Providing opportunities for parents and caregivers to connect with the schools, community resources and each other.
- Promoting collaboration as a means to improve the education process for all learners.
- Influencing change, policy and procedures through researching needs and advocating for solutions.
Join us at our monthly meetings anytime as a guest or become a member!
All meetings will be from 6-8 p.m. at the SPPS Administration Building (360 Colborne Street, St. Paul, MN 55102).
2019 - 20 meetings:
- Mon., September 9, 2019
- Tues., October 8, 2019
- Wed., November 6, 2019
- Mon., December 2, 2019
- Mon., January 6, 2020
- Mon., February 3, 2020
- Mon., March 2, 2020
- Mon., April 6, 2020
- Mon., May 4, 2020
- Mon., June 1, 2020
Childcare and meals are provided.
Link to 2019-20 Flyer
Join us on Facebook -
For more contact Jackie Kelly:
Office - 651-767-3437
Mobile - 651-285-7537
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org