Special Education Advisory Council
The purpose of the Saint Paul Public Schools’ Special Education Advisory Council is to collaborate with the District’s Office of Specialized Services to:
We do this by:
- Address the unique needs of diverse learners so they can meet their maximum potential.
- Promote an attitude of respect toward all students and a welcoming environment for all families.
- Build strong relationships between families, schools, community partners, and district decision makers to influence policy making.
- Empower and support parents to effectively advocate for children.
- Informing and educating parents, school staff, students and community members through workshops, websites, and printed materials.
- Providing opportunities for parents and caregivers to connect with the schools, community resources and each other.
- Promoting collaboration as a means to improve the education process for all learners.
- Influencing change, policy and procedures through researching needs and advocating for solutions.
Join us at our monthly meetings anytime as a guest or become a member!
All meetings will be from 6-8 p.m. at the SPPS Administration Building (360 Colborne Street, St. Paul, MN 55102).
- Monday, September 10, 2018
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- Monday, November 5, 2018
- Monday, December 3, 2018
- Monday, January 7, 2019
- Monday, February 4, 2019
- Monday, March 4, 2019
- Monday, April 8, 2019
- Monday, May 6, 2019
- Monday, June 3, 2019
Childcare and meals are provided by the Office of Specialized Services.
For more information, contact Jackie Kelly at 651-767-3437 or firstname.lastname@example.org.