Onsite After School Programs
Galtier offers fun, educational, and free after-school programming onsite at Galtier five days a week. Read more about our two programs below.
Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Students who participate in Galtier's EDL after school program have opportunities to:
- Discover and explore new abilities and interests
- Make friends and improve academic skills
- Be creative, active, healthy and have fun
This free program runs Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:00-5:45. It includes:
- A snack
- Bus transportation for students living more than 1/2 mile from Galtier
- Assistance for walkers crossing busy intersections
- Instruction by certified teachers and specialists
- Instrumental music instruction (band or strings) for interested students in grades 4 & 5. A separate registration form will be sent home for band.
Parents/guardians must complete an EDL enrollment form, available in the main office. Contact our EDL site leader and school secretary Ms. Roz for more information.
Rec in Motion
Registration is open for the winter/spring session of Rec in Motion at Galtier. This St. Paul Parks & Recreation program runs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 4 to 6 p.m. and is free for all Galtier students in grades K-5.
Rec in Motion was specifically created for Galtier, and provides kids with after school art instruction and organized recreation.
Register for Rec in Motion here: https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/parks-recreation. Click on "register for activities" on the right hand side, and enter code 21725.