Extended Day for Learning (EDL)
Students who participate in Galtier's EDL after school program have opportunities to:
- Discover and explore new abilities and interests
- Make friends and improve academic skills
- Be creative, active, healthy and have fun
This free program runs Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:00-5:45. It includes:
- A snack
- Bus transportation for students living more than 1/2 mile from Galtier
- Assistance for walkers crossing busy intersections
- Instruction by certified teachers and specialists
- Instrumental music instruction (band or strings) for interested students in grades 4 & 5. A separate registration form will be sent home for band.
Parents/guardians must complete an EDL enrollment form, available in the main office. Forms are also sent home with students. Please call Galtier or call the Department of Alternative Education at 651-744-8020 if you have additional questions.