All dates are approximate and subject to change.
- Oct. 18 - SPPS submits Request for Proposals (RFP) to hire a search firm.
- Oct. 26 - First meeting of design team.
- Nov. 1 - Request for Proposals (RFP) closes at 2 p.m.
- Nov. 9-11 - Final choices and interviews conducted with search firms.
- Nov. 14 - Special Committee of the Board (COB) meeting to interview search firm finalists.
- Nov. 15 - Board of Education votes on selection of search firm.
- Dec. - Feedback sessions with specific groups
- Dec. 1 - Contract with search firm finalized.
- Dec. 15 - Community meeting.
- Dec. 15-Jan. 23 - Survey available
- Jan. - Feedback sessions with specific groups
- Jan. - Active recruitment of candidates begins by search firm.
- Jan. 11, 17 and 21 - Community meetings.
- Jan. 23 - Survey closes
- Feb. - Feedback sessions with specific groups
- Feb. - Active recruitment of candidates begins by search firm.
- Feb. 13 - Second survey available
- March 3 - Final feedback sessions with specific groups
- March 3 - Second survey closes
- March 8 - Application deadline for superintendent finalists
- March 22 - The Board will select three finalists from a pool of several semi-finalists.
- March 23 - The names of the three finalists will be shared with the community.
- March 29 - A community event to "Meet the Candidates"
- March 30 - A special Board of Education meeting to interview the candidates from 5-8:30 p.m. at the SPPS Administration Building, 360 S. Colborne St.
- March-April - Board visits finalists' home districts
- Week of April 3 - Board visits finalists' home districts
- April 11 - A special Board of Education meeting for the Board to vote on its preferred superintendent candidate. Held from 4-6 p.m. at the SPPS Administration Building, 360 S. Colborne St.
- May 1 - Proposed timeframe for contract to be finalized
- July 5 - Tentative start date for new superintendent