School Counselors in Saint Paul Public Schools believe…
- Every student should have access to a premier and equitable educational experience.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for college, other post-secondary education, and/or employment.
- The effectiveness of school counseling programs should be measureable through SMART goals using process, perception and results data.
- School counseling programs promote and support academic achievement, personal and social development, and career planning for every student.
- Management of a school counseling program must be done in collaboration with administrators.
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
- Academic support.
- Social emotional support.
- College & career readiness.
- All students are college and career ready.
- All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
- All students have advocacy skills.
- All students and families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.