SPPS Urban Teacher Residency
Saint Paul Public Schools and the University of St. Thomas are extremely excited about our Urban Teacher Residency (SUTR) program!
This program aims to recruit, prepare, support and retain highly qualified teachers from underrepresented backgrounds who reflect our diverse student population in SPPS. SUTR provides an affordable, accelerated program to earn a Minnesota teaching license and master’s degree in 15 months from the University of St. Thomas.
Thanks to a unique partnership between SPPS and the University of St. Thomas district staff who are interested in pursuing a teaching career now have a new, accelerated pathway. It’s called the the Saint Paul Public Schools Urban Teacher Residency program.
Upcoming Information Sessions at 360 Colborne St., Saint Paul:
- May 29, 2019: 4:30 - 5:30pm
- September 25, 2019: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- October 10, 2019: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- November 7, 2019: 4:30pm-5:30pm
- December 5, 2019: 4:30-5:30pm
- January 8, 2020: 4:30-5:30pm
- January 22, 2020: 4:30-5:30pm
- February 5, 2020: 4:30 - 5:30pm