Attendance Line - (651) 744-2713
Please call the school office by 9:30AM if your child will not be attending school or will arrive late that day. If you reach a recording, please leave the following detailed information:
- Student’s full name
- Teacher’s name/Grade
- Reason for being absent
Tardy/Early Release Procedures
Parent/Guardian must come inside to sign student in for being tardy or sign student out to be released early.
Tardy/Early Release Expectations
- 5 unexcused tardies/early releases = Letter to inform parent/guardian
- 10 unexcused tardies/early releases = Referral to FTIP (Family Truancy Intervention Project) for meeting
- 15 unexcused tardies/early releases = In School Attendance Contract
- 20 unexcused tardies/early releases = Referral to SART (Student Attendance Review Team) hearing/corrective action
- After 3 unexcused absences, an “Attendance Alert” letter will be sent to parent/guardian.
- After 5 unexcused absences, parent/guardian will be referred to the Assistant Ramsey County Attorney for a “Parent Meeting”.
- After 10 unexcused absences, parent/guardian will be referred for a SART Hearing.
- After 15 unexcused absences, parent/guardian will be referred for a petition to court for Educational neglect.
For more information, please see Ramsey County website.
Excused Absence/Tardy/Early Release Reasons
- Illness: Parent/Guardian must verify: Under Minnesota law, if there is an excess of absences due to illness, parent/guardian will be required to provide a Doctor’s note to the school.
- Religious observances required by the student’s religion.
- Extreme Family Emergency
- Medical/Dental Appointments
- Appointments are excused for half day only.
- Appointments should be scheduled early in the morning or later in the day.
Unexcused Absence/Tardy/Early Release Reasons
- Missed bus
- Suspended off the bus
- Needed at home
- Too tired
- The weather
- Student is not immunized
- An elementary school student who is not in his/her designated area at the designated time is TARDY.
- Students arriving after 9:30 A.M. are considered tardy and will need to check into the office for a late pass to class.
- An EARLY RELEASE is when an elementary student leaves the school building before the school day has ended.