Mario McHenry - Director of Support Services
I have been in technology professionally for over 17 years; and during my time, I have worn many hats and still do. Prior to joining Saint Paul Public Schools, my past experience includes integrating technology in K12, Higher Education, and Non Profit/Government environments. I have obtained my Masters in Software Systems from Saint Thomas, as well as various industry standard IT certifications. I believe embracing technology and education provides many life changing opportunities. I am glad to be a part of an institution that embraces both for the betterment of our students and staff.
Saint Paul Public Schools
Director of Technology Support Services
Technology Services Manager - Device Services
Scott, Carver, Dakota Community Action Partnership (CAP) Agency
Network and Systems Manager
University of MN, TC Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Field Technician, Service Desk
Minneapolis Public Schools
Building Technology Coordinator
What part(s) of TS do you supervise?
- The Director of Support services oversees all Field Services and Service Desk employees, Technology Services district wide communications, management of Verizon services for SPPS, student internships for Technology Services, training provided by Technology Services , special projects and other duties as assigned.
How many managers do you have?
- 1 Service Desk Manager, and 2 Field Services Managers.
How do your teams work together?
- Field Services and the Service desk often communicate amongst themselves as well as with other Technology Services functions, SPPS departments, or vendors to ensure we provide the right support the first time.
Express your goals for the TS department's success
- Reduce the time it takes to incorporate feedback from end users.
- Expand upon self-service solutions which will allow users to resolve incidents more quickly.
- Simplify our service catalog. Staff should be able to ask for and receive technical assistance easily.