We share a common interest in providing the most effective educational experience for Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) students. To further that goal, SPPS has established guiding values for negotiating contracts with its 26 employee labor groups.
We believe in:
Honest, respectful and direct discussion and communications focusing on issues, not people or personalities
Pride in Excellence
Creating a school system in which families, staff and the community can take pride
Working within our budget to responsibly meet our financial and educational obligations
Promoting an inclusive culture focused on student growth and achievement
We will accomplish this by:
- Providing clear, transparent and timely communication
- Establishing an annual guideline for negotiations among all employee groups
- Identifying district negotiation priorities in alignment with SPPS Achieves.
- Affirming our confidence in our Board designated negotiations team to represent the best interests of our students and the District
- Committing to a sustainable, comprehensive approach to managing district budgets and programs
- Prioritizing what is best for our students
Negotiations News and Updates
Saint Paul Public Schools and the Saint Paul Federation of Educators have reached tentative agreements on new contracts for our teachers, educational assistants, and school and community service professionals.
Read the latest update on negotiations with our largest collective bargaining unit, SPFE, which represents approximately 4,250 teachers, educational assistants and school and community service professionals.