Meet Your School Counselor
I am passionate about school counseling and I am excited to start my third year at Eastern Heights Elementary! I currently live in St. Paul with my husband, son, daughter, and two dogs. My love for working with children started early. Growing up I was babysitting, tutoring, coaching, and spending summers as a camp counselor. I received my undergraduate degree from Saint Cloud State University in Elementary Education. After a few years of teaching, I went back to pursue my Master's degree in School Counseling. I was a school counselor at the high school level for 3 years and I am thrilled to be working with elementary students again. My goal as a school counselor is to give my students the necessary tools to help empower them to be successful in their academics, as well as their personal and social lives. I want my students and their parents to know that my door is always open. Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns. I look forward to a wonderful school year!
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
- Academic support.
- Social emotional support.
- College & career readiness.
- All students are college and career ready.
- All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
- All students have advocacy skills.
- All students and families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.
- 100% of SPPS students will graduate with the skills necessary to access their college and/or career aspirations
School Counselors advocate for all students and help to remove barriers so they can be successful in the areas of academic, career and social/emotional development.
Students, I am here to help you with:
- Developing new friendships/ Working out friendship problems
- Setting goals
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Learning how to make decisions
- Managing your feelings (stress, anger, sadness, worry, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
- Academic support including organizational skills, study & test-taking skills
Parents, I am able to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communication
- Referrals for community resources
- Understanding developmental changes in childhood
- Classroom lessons
- Group counseling (divorce, friendship skills, anger management, etc.)
- Brief solution-focused individual counseling
- Parent consultations
- Teacher consultations
- Community resource referrals
- Restorative Circles