Welcome to the Eastern Height's School Counseling Program
School Counselors advocate for all students and help to remove barriers so they can be successful in the areas of academic, career, and social/emotional development.
Students, I am here to help you with:
- Developing new friendships/ Working out friendship problems
- Setting goals
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Learning how to make decisions
- Managing your feelings (stress, anger, sadness, worry, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
- Academic support including organizational skills, study & test-taking skills
Parents, I am able to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communication
- Referrals for community resources
- Understanding developmental changes in childhood
- Classroom lessons
- Individual Student Planning
- Group counseling (divorce, friendship skills, anger management, etc.)
- Brief solution-focused individual counseling
- Parent consultations
- Teacher consultations
- Community resource referrals
- Restorative Circles
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
- Academic support.
- Social-emotional support.
- College & career readiness.
- All students are college and career ready.
- All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
- All students have advocacy skills.
- All students and families feel welcomed, respected, and valued.
- All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.
- 100% of SPPS students will graduate with the skills necessary to access their college and/or career aspirations