About SPPS Urban Teacher Residency
Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) and the University of St. Thomas are extremely excited about our Urban Teacher Residency (SUTR) program!
This program aims to recruit, prepare, support and retain highly qualified teachers from underrepresented backgrounds who reflect our diverse student population in SPPS. SUTR provides an affordable, accelerated program to earn a Minnesota teaching license and master’s degree in 15 months from the University of St. Thomas.
Application to SUTR Cohort 3 (beginning June 2018-2019) is now open and closes on February 9th, 2018. Please email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are 4 simple steps to completing your application. Please email all of the following materials to email@example.com.
- Updated resume, including preferred license area
- All unofficial transcripts
- Names and email addresses for two references
- Two personal statements. You can find more information on the personal statements here.
Information sessions for Cohort 3 will be held at 360 Colborne on the following dates:
- September 21, 2017: 4:30pm - 5:30pm Room D
- October 10, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm Room B
- November 15, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm Room B
- December 13, 2017: 4:30pm-5:30pm Room D
- January 11, 2018: 4:30pm-5:30pm Room D
- January 30, 2018: 4:30pm-5:30pm Room D