Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: To build a district wide framework that supports positive climate with articulated quality behavioral, mental health and wellness supports.
Vision: To transform the SPPS community by aligning the tools, strategies, protocols and social emotional supports to create an environment of safety, respect and equity.
1. Achievement: We believe that all students achieve academically and socially in safe supportive environment with the opportunity to develop relationships and demonstrate their competencies.
2. Alignment: We believe that coordination and collaboration between all stakeholders that impact school climate is necessary and valuable.
3. Sustainability: We believe that it is imperative to maximize resources efficiently and effectively to promote positive school climate.
4. Data Driven Decision Making: We believe that data driven analysis, implementation and evaluation are key in creating a supportive SPPS climate and environment.
5. Promoting Wellness: We believe in the benefit of the physical and mental wellness of staff, students and families through holistic programming and professional development.
A School with Positive Climate is ...
A place where everyone can thrive:
- All voices are heard
- Experience positive relationships
- Mistakes are an opportunity for growth
- We do not feel invisible
- Everyone feels safe and respected
- We honor power with, not power over
--Presented at the May 2016 Board of Education meeting by members of the St. Paul Public Schools' Student Engagement and Advancement Board (SEAB)