Free and Reduced Meal Applications
Every SPPS family should complete an application for Education Benefits/Free or Reduced Price Meals. Not only does this help us identify families in need of assistance, it also allows the District to receive federal dollars for classroom programming.
A new form must be completed each school year. Additionally, families who have completed an application and have experienced a change in household income or size are encouraged to complete a new application.
How to apply for free and reduced-price lunch?
- Applications can be completed online at https://mealapp.spps.org. Paper applications are also available in the main office of your child’s school, or can be mailed to your home by request by calling Nutrition Services at 651-603-4950.
- Families who are automatically approved (or “directly certified”) to receive free lunch benefits do not need to fill out an application.
- Families are encouraged to complete applications by December 15 each school year, but applications can be completed at any time of the year.
Who is eligible to receive lunch debt assistance?
- Only families who have completed an Application for Educational Benefits and/or Free and Reduced Price Meals are eligible to receive assistance through donations to the school district.
- Donated resources for paying off school lunch debt are limited. It is critical that all families complete an application to help us identify students that qualify for free or reduced price lunches, and families that do not qualify but are struggling or unable to pay for school lunch.
Who should you contact if you have additional questions?
- To request or submit an application, or check eligibility status, please contact Sue Vandenheuvel at 651-603-4954 or email@example.com.
- To discuss eligibility status and payment plans, please contact Lynn Broberg at 651-523-6325 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For other questions or assistance, please contact the Nutrition Services office at 651-603-4950 or email@example.com.
Stacy Koppen, Director of Nutrition Services, can be reached at 651-603-4945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.