Welcome to Special Education in Saint Paul Public Schools!
We provide special education and related services according to the federal mandates of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the State of Minnesota's rules and statutes. Saint Paul Public Schools’ Special Education Department commits to the elimination in the disparity of outcomes for all students with disabilities. We will continue to do this by using data to enhance instructional practices that increase student engagement and achievement. Our specific focus is African American male scholars, American Indian scholars, and scholars dually qualified for Special Education and English Learner services where the greatest outcome inequities exist.
News and Events
Special Education Advisory Council (SEAC)
2022-2023 Meeting Schedule:
Monday evenings from 6-8 p.m.
- in-person- Administration Building, 360 Colborne St., Saint Paul, MN 55102
- virtual via Zoom
Attend as a guest or become a member. RSVP kindly requested but not required.
- September 12
- October 10
- November 21
- December 12
- January 9
- February 13
- March 13
- April 10
- May 15
- June 5
SEAC works to make a difference in the lives and outcomes of students with disabilities by:
- using our shared knowledge and experience
- informing and educating each other
- providing opportunities to learn and connect
- promoting collaboration with educators, departments and programs, and community organizations
- influencing change in SPPS
Other ways to connect: