Nokomis Climate Advisory Team
The Nokomis Climate Advisory Team (NCAT) Vision Statement:
The Nokomis Climate Advisory Team will create and maintain a positive school environment where every student feels welcomed and respected. Our school climate will foster racial equity, support academic and social/emotional growth, and emphasize positive relationships between staff, parents, and students.
Our goals at NCAT:
- Share NCAT information at Montessori Parent Night
- Recruit more parents to join NCAT
- Improve parent/teacher conferences
- Continue Restorative Practice and Circle Trainings
- Plan NAAPID event at Nokomis North and South
- Celebrate and explore a wider range of cultures school-wide
- Create a positive behavior toolbox for staff and parents
- Increase PTA attendance/involvement
- Continue to monitor behavior data for racial disparities
If you would like to have your voice heard and help make a difference, please join our NCAT Meeting. Our next meeting is Dec 16th at 6pm in conjunction with PTA. We will begin NCAT at 6:30pm. Childcare will be provided!