Welcome to Nokomis Montessori North Campus
Our Parent Ed night will have multiple breakout options. Here's a preview!
Dear Nokomis Families,
It was so lovely to see many of our students and families last week! Whether you were picking up iPad/materials or visiting our virtual Open House, the positive energy shared by our Nokomis community brought joy to all of us!
We hope you have had an opportunity to explore our Nokomis Virtual Open House presentation. If not, please visit our Nokomis website where you have access to all the important information. I have included our Open House slide presentation.
Students in grades 1 through 5 will start on Tuesday, September 8th. All Pre-K and Kindergarteners will start on Thursday, September 10th. Please sign up for a conference time with your child’s teacher if you have not already done so.
Your partnership with us is more important than ever! Please review the information below to ensure the success of our distance learning program.
*New- Taking Attendance:
- In Distance Learning 2.0, a parent/guardian or the student will complete the daily attendance each school day.
- To take attendance, students should log into their Campus Student iPad app, located on their iPad home screen.
- Parents who are taking attendance for their student, should use "Campus Parent" at spps.org/onestop.
- Please click here, Attendance Link and follow the instructions in the video to complete the attendance.
Student and Family Distance Learning Checklist
Please view and use this technology checklist as a guide to make sure you are ready for the first day of school. This checklist is available at spps.org/fallchecklist.
If your iPad is damaged or needs to be replaced, please report the issue by contacting Saint Paul Public Schools Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 651-603-4348 from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please leave a detailed voicemail and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
If you are having problems with your iPad during this school year, you may also contact your student’s teacher or our school. After a report is made, a member of the SPPS technology support team will contact you about replacement options to continue distance learning in Saint Paul. If you are having issues logging into Sees Seesaw, Schoology or other district-approved apps, please see the information on spps.org/ipadhelp.
School Contact Information
If you have questions, or need to contact someone at school, please contact our Lead Clerk, Paula McGaughey, at 651-744-7440, or email email@example.com
You may also contact me, Principal Terri Jackson at 651-325-2627 or Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Relationships and timely communication are more important than ever in a distance learning environment!
Some helpful rituals and routines to keep in mind as we launch Distance Learning 2.0:
- Please make sure your child logs on to his/her iPad every morning.
- Please take your child’s attendance daily.
- Please take note of your child’s Synchronous schedule (same time teaching and learning)
- Remind your child to take breaks throughout the learning day, including movement breaks, go outside (if it is appropriate), and continue to learn from the rich traditions, relationships, and experiences in your home.
- Read, Read, and Read!
- Have Fun!!!!
We are looking forward to starting our 2020 - 2021 school year with you! Although this year may look very different than other years as we start in Distance Learning, together we will make this a productive and special year!
North Campus News
Nokomis North Open House with Principal Terri Jackson
Classroom Open Houses - Check this document for times and links to each teacher's open house
Nokomis Virtual School - Click through to see messages from your teachers!
985 Ruth Street
St Paul, MN 55119
Phone: (651) 744-7440
FAX: (651) 293-5464