Degrees and Certifications:
MN K-12 School Counseling License MN K-12 Principal License Master of Arts in Educational Psychology with a School Counseling Emphasis Bachelor of Arts in Communications
Hello! My name is Jodi Danielson. I am the new licensed school counselor for the Global Arts Plus Lower Campus.
My job is to help your child be as successful as possible at school and beyond. We know that success is not just about reading and math. It’s also about knowing how to learn and how to get along with others. My role is to help learn these skills through classroom lessons in core counseling curriculum, small group counseling, individual counseling, and consultation and collaboration with staff and families.
Throughout their education here, all students will get classroom instruction from me in the following areas:
- Academic skills for learning: Students will understand how people at school help them, the importance of coming to school and working hard, building successful learning strategies, and develop confidence as a learner.
- Career and college readiness: Students will understand work and career vocabulary, how their interests and strengths connect to the world of work, what training is required for their career interests, and how to set and obtain goals for their future.
- Social and emotional skills: Students will be able to identify feelings, learn self-management skills, understand how to make and be good friends, resolve conflicts, and cope with peer pressure.
- Bully prevention: Students will learn the differences between bullying and conflict, what cyberbullying is, the power of bystanders, and how to refuse, report, and respond to bullying.
- Personal safety: Students will learn how to be safe with others and protect their own safety.
Your scholar will be learning a lot this year—and they will need your help! Throughout the year, your child will be bringing home materials that go with these lessons. These will be simple, fun activities that you can complete with your child to see what we are learning together.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss how I can further support your child, please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at Jodi.Danielson@spps.org or 651-744-5847. Thank you for your partnership to support your child in learning the skills that lead to success in school and in life!