The Research Process
SPPS Research Process: Como Park
Use the above link to connect to the SPPS Research LibGuide which is intended to walk both students and teachers through the research process from start to finish. The SPPS Research Process is a district-wide framework used for approaching research projects from any content area. The framework used is modified from Carol Kuhlthau's Information Search Process.
Use Reliable Resources
- Make sure your resource is reliable.
- Use a variety of resources: electronic, print, human, audio, visual.
- Check with your teachers, library media specialist and other professionals when you have questions.
- Cite your sources using MLA-7 guidelines because it’s the ethical thing to do, not just because it’s required.
- The "Purdue University Online Writing Lab" This link will help you format your paper and cite your sources using MLA-7. Check out their MLA Vidcasts for how to format paper using Microsoft Word (very helpful for spacing, page numbering, hanging indents,etc.).
- Citation Generators: Check to be sure these are accurate before you use them.