Elizabeth Engelhart, Licensed School Counselor
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Friday mornings
Phone (Direct): 651-744-2721
Phone (Office): 651-767-8100
Degrees and Certifications:
MN K-12 School Counseling License
Master of Science in Education with School Counselor Emphasis
MN Teaching License: General Science, 5-8; Life Science 9-12
Bachelor of Arts in Life Science Secondary Education
My name is Elizabeth Engelhart and I have the honor of being the school counselor at Jie Ming. I have worked in the education profession for five years as a science teacher and over eight years as a school counselor. As a school counselor, I support the social/emotional, career, and academic development of all Jie Ming students through classroom lessons, small group counseling, individual counseling, and collaboration with staff and families. When I am not at Jie Ming, I enjoy spending time with my husband and two children. As a family, we like to swim, bike, read, bake, watch movies, listen to music, and play games. I am thankful to be a part of the wonderful Jie Ming community.
Jie Ming Counseling Classroom Curriculum addresses topics in the following areas:
1. Academic skills for learning: Students will understand how people at school help them, the importance of coming to school and working hard, strategies to be a successful lifelong leaner, and the importance of a growth mindset.
2. Career and college readiness: Students will understand work and career vocabulary, how their interests and strengths connect to the world of work, what training is required for their career interests, and how to set and obtain goals for their future.
3. Social and emotional skills: Students will be able to identify feelings, learn self-management skills, understand how to make and be good friends, resolve conflicts, and respond effectively to peer pressure.
4. Bully prevention: Students will learn the differences between bullying and conflict, the power of bystanders, and how to recognize, report, and respond to bullying.
5. Personal safety: Students will learn how to be safe with others and protect their own safety.
SPPS School Counseling Department: https://www.spps.org/counseling
• District-Wide School Counselor Mission:
Licensed School Counselors empower students and families to access their premier Saint Paul Public Schools education through:
o Academic support
o Social emotional support
o College & career readiness
• District-Wide School Counselor Vision:
o All students are college and career ready.
o All students have the mindsets and behaviors needed to be successful.
o All students have advocacy skills.
o All students and families feel welcomed, respected and valued.
o All students have access to a Licensed School Counselor in their school.
• District-Wide School Counselor Goal:
o 100% of SPPS students will graduate with the skills necessary to access their college and/or career aspirations.