About SPPS Enterprise Information Technology Governance (EITG)
Enterprise IT Governance (EITG) promotes optimal value from enterprise resources in alignment with the SPPS Strategic Plan. The Enterprise IT Governance process ensures effective management through structured evaluation, prioritization, and communication.
The EITG exists to facilitate the creation of temporary endeavors undertaken to create a unique technollogy-based products, services, or results.
The EITG process allows SPPS to examine Information Technology (IT) requests. These requests can then be veted and prioritized as they relate to resources. A well considered governance process helps promote the best customer service and support to our users. Knowing what the district's IT needs are helps Technology Services provide and/or adapt the technology tools needed in schools and departments. The EITG Committee is composed of staff from across the district allowing for multiple viewpoints and experiences. The attached intake form provides an overview of the information needed to start the process.
Objectives of Enterprise IT Governance
- Alignment to the SPPS Strategic Plan
- Management, planning, transparency, value and delivery of technology
- Engagement of SPPS departments in the process
- Provision of a governance framework covering
- Benefits and value realization
- Resource optimization
- Risk optimization
- Support for
- Return On Investment (ROI)
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Definition of a Project
Projects are proposed to the EIT Governance Committee using the intake form. The following parameters should be considered in making a proposal.
- Committment: Is the level of effort by Technology Services more than 40 hours
- Temporary: is the project expected to last for a set period of time
- Timing: Does the project have a definite beginning and end
- Effect: Does the project require resources outside the requesting department