The Office of Leadership Development (OLD) within the Division of Schools (DoS) is seeking interested active assistant principals and tenured staff to participate in the Leadership Institute. Participants in this eleven-month program will further develop their leadership skills and knowledge for preparation to lead SPPS into the dynamic, ever-changing future of education.
What is Leadership Institute?
In support of SPPS Achieves strategic plan, the Leadership Institute is a formal instructional leadership program for aspiring school administrators.
Purpose of Leadership Institute
The purpose of the Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) Leadership Institute is to 1) continue to foster innovation and creative-thinking in our future leaders, 2) retain a high potential employee cohort ready to lead SPPS and 3) grow a successor pipeline of leaders from within Saint Paul Public Schools.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Current active Assistant Principal in SPPS
- Current tenured SPPS employee
- Must hold - or will hold by start date of Leadership Institute - a valid Minnesota K-12 Administrative license
- Must be able to fully engage, participate and attend all mandatory training during the program
What Will the Program Look Like?
The program will consist of fifteen members who must successfully complete all components of the SPPS Leadership Institute in order to receive a certification of completion and to be considered for advancement in the SPPS Human Resources hiring process for school year 2021-22.
- One-week Summer Foundations (Aug. 3-7)
- In-person group training (two sessions per month between September 2020 – June 2021)
- Online tutorials
- Eleven month-long training
- Serve in a leadership capacity role
- Job-embedded assignments
- Coaching throughout the year with Principal
- Two 1:1 check-ins with an Assistant Superintendent
What are the Benefits of Being in the Leadership Institute?
Participants will develop skills as an instructional and racial equity leader and build their internal network of peers. At the time of program completion, participants will receive continuing educational units (CEUs) and be considered for advancement in the hiring process for the following school year.
Eligible interested employees must successfully complete a two-step eligibility process in order to be considered for admission into the SPPS Leadership Institute.
See embedded slide deck below for more detailed information.
For questions about the SPPS Leadership Institute, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org