Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Ana Bankovics
My name is Ana Bankovics and I am excited to join the team at Johnson! I have been a Speech-Language Pathologist with St. Paul Public Schools for 13 years, most recently at Global Arts Plus working with grades 5-8.
Services for students who are eligible for speech services may work with me individually and/or in a small group in the speech resource room or in the classroom, as appropriate. During Distance learning students and families will be able to connect via email, google meet sessions, schoology, and by phone.
I work with students who have a variety of speech and language needs, including difficulties with:
- Accessing grade level curriculum and self-advocacy
- Limited vocabulary.
- Answering questions and recalling ideas from verbal or written information.
- Remembering or understanding directions, details, or classroom routines.
- Describing things, retelling stories, following or maintaining topic of conversation.
- Repeating sounds, repeating words, stopping sounds in the middle of the word or prolonging sounds.
- Voice quality that is too loud, too quiet, rough, and/or hoarse.
- Difficulty producing speech sounds
In addition, I work with students using a variety of augmentative systems to assist in and increase independent communication across school and home settings.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions regarding speech and language services.