New Hire Benefits Enrollment Information
Welcome to Saint Paul Public Schools from the Benefits Team!
As a new hire a new employee must enroll online within the first 30 days of employment from their start date for benefits.
Employees can sign up, or waive (if applicable) benefit coverages such as:
Vision (glasses and/or contacts)
Term Life Insurance
Short-Term Disability and
Things to Know:
- Benefit effective dates are specific to your bargaining unit (union) please see your Benefit Summary by Bargaining Unit.
- Guaranteed Issue (GI) is an amount a new hire is allowed to enroll into a benefit with out having to submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI) paperwork. Any enrollment amount greater than the Guaranteed issue will require an EOI.
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is paperwork that is required by the insurance company to make sure you are a good insurable risk. Any enrollment amount greater than the Guaranteed issue will require an EOI.
- If you do not complete your online benefits enrollment within 30 days of your hire date, you will miss your opportunity to participate in other optional benefit coverage's as a new hire. Please be advised that after this period, you would not be allowed to make changes to your benefit elections until the next annual open enrollment period or within 30 days of a qualifying event.
What You Need To Do:
Review your Benefit Summary by Bargaining Unit for your costs.
Review the New Hire Benefits Guide , the guide shows you the benefits that are offered by SPPS.
Watch the benefits videos. The videos give you information regarding the benefits that are offered to employees and special one time offers for new hires.
- SPPS New Hire Benefit Introduction Video
- Medical Plans Video
- Dental and Vision Plans Video
- Life and Disability Insurance Video
- Sand Creek Employee Assistance Video
- Step by Step How to Enroll
Log into Employee Self Service (login-button above) to complete your new hire benefits online enrollment within 30 days from your hire date. Online access to enroll, opens on your date of hire. If you fail to enroll by the 30th day, you will automatically be enrolled with only District provided benefits according to your bargaining unit contract. Please review the Employee Self Service with Initial Password information page to log into Employee Self Service for the first time.
If you need assistance contact the Benefits Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hire Benefits Enrollment is quick and easy online using Employee Self Service. Enrollment can be done from any computer, your phone, at work, or outside the work place. Follow the step by step instructions outlined in the Online Enrollment Guide. Benefit elections must be made within 30 days of your hire date.