Beacons School Success (Afterschool EDL)
The YMCA Beacons Program is a collaborative community initiative for young people in grades K-12. Schools around the Twin Cities metro provide free and high-quality educational, recreational and leadership development activities after school and in the summer.
On any given day in the Beacons program, young people might enjoy a healthy meal, academic groups with licensed teachers, and enrichment groups like sports, music, breakdancing or art. At the end of the day, young people participate in a closing reflection, and then dismiss for home—busses are provided to young people that qualify for school-day transportation.
The program is designed to help young people:
- Establish connections with caring adults and peers in a safe space
- Improve holistic wellbeing
- Stay on track academically through high school graduation
- Develop skills to prepare for college, work and life
- Foster connections with school and the community
If you are interested in particpating in afterschool programming at JAJ, please contact Yang Thao.