Welcome to the Battle Creek Middle School Health Office
Saint Paul Public Schools staff each School Health Office with a Licensed School Nurse. Some schools may also have a Health Assistant who works in the Health Office.
Role of the Licensed School Nurse
- Promotes student health and wellness
- Manages school health related care for students (medications, health procedures, chronic condition management, etc.)
- Develops student health condition care plans
- Provides emergency care for illnesses and injuries
- Teaches students skills to manage their health
- Refers student health concerns to clinics/physicians
- Assists families to identify health resources
- Works with local and state health officials around community health issues
- Provides health related supports and assessments to students with specialized services
Role of the Health Assistant
- Provides first aid and health screenings
- Administers medication under supervision of the LSN
- Manages student health records
- Assists the LSN with immunization/shot requirements for school
- Communicates with the LSN regarding day-to-day operations
- Responsible for the day-to-day health office flow
Keep your child home if your student
- Has a fever of 100 degrees or more during the previous evening or night or in the morning.
- Has vomited or had diarrhea during the night or in the morning.
- Has a rash that may be caused by a disease or if the cause is unknown, check with your family physician before sending the student to school.
- Symptoms of Covid19.
State law (MS 121A.15) requires that each student in a Minnesota school be protected from childhood diseases by receiving immunizations. Parents/guardians may obtain a legal exemption for medical reasons or conscientious beliefs
Medications at School
At some point your student may need to take medication during the school day. Saint Paul Public Schools require written parental authorization for any medication during the school day and health care provider authorization is required for medication taken for more than 2 weeks.
- Link: Medication Forms
BCMS Attendance Line
Licensed School Nurse: