Hourly Teachers Needed for Summer 2021!
Summer Session runs from June 21st - August 19th, 2021.
Classes are held via Google Meet. Instructors can teach remotely or from the Hubbs Center.
- Teaching classes via Google Meet
- Monday-Thursday from 9:30am-12:30pm
- Various ELL levels
Math 2/3 Instructor
- Teaching Math 2/3 class via Google Meet
- Monday-Thursday from 11:30am-12:30pm
- All subject areas
- Accepting substitute applications on an ongoing basis
Rate of Pay
$27.85 per hour - Instructors with valid MN teaching license
$22.00 per hour - Non-licensed teachers
*Some paid prep time is included.
- Meet one of the following:
1) Valid MN teaching license in ABE/ELL, or
2) Master's Degree in Education AND professional experience teaching adults
- Understanding of and commitment to principles of adult learning and literacy instruction
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills
- Experience with computers and other forms of instructional technology
- Knowledge of three sets of ABE content standards
- Knowledge of adult learning testing and measurements including authentic assessment techniques
- Knowledge of curriculum alternatives
- Knowledge of best practices for adult literacy instruction
- Knowledge of community resources
- Flexibility in scheduling (sites, class content, days of the week, hours)
Responsibilities & Duties
- Use best practices in instruction for adult learners
- Use variety of instructional techniques to address diverse needs and goals of learners
- Find a substitute to cover the class in case of absence and prepare lesson plans for substitutes
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to provide students support from volunteer tutors
- Collaborate with colleagues on an instructional team
- Optional: participate in a Professional Learning Community (PLC)
Curriculum, Planning, & Assessment
- Design and develop supplemental materials as needed for curriculum
- Participate in curriculum design for programming including the use of technology
- Assess and evaluate student achievement according to accepted measurement criteria
- Survey needs, report problems, and make recommendations to administration/teaching teams
- Use technology for communication, information tracking and data collection
- Promote ABE and assist in student recruitment
- Keep informed of research and new developments in adult literacy education
- Attend staff development activities offered by the district, State of MN, and ABE program as needed
- Complete required reports accurately and submit promptly
- Make appropriate referrals for learners to the school counselor and community agencies
Email your resume and cover letter to Assistant Supervisor Cathy Grady at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Cathy Grady at 651-744-1417 or email@example.com.