SPPS Summer Learning Programs COVID-19 Guidance
Please note the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines that will be in place for Summer Learning Programs, Discovery Club, Crossroads and other SPPS summer programming.
The Board of Education has approved that as of 4/18/22, masks are no longer required during times of low to medium community levels of COVID-19 in Ramsey County. This change applies to all staff, students and visitors (ages 2 and older) in all SPPS buildings and on school transportation, regardless of a person’s vaccine status. Read the full resolution here.
Masks are required when community levels of COVID-19 in Ramsey County are high. SPPS will review community level information every Thursday and will notify families if COVID-19 levels are high and masks become required.
SPPS strongly recommends wearing masks for those in the below situations, regardless of community levels:
- Those who are unvaccinated or not eligible for the vaccine
- People who are immunocompromised or at high risk for a severe reaction to COVID-19
- Staff working with immunocompromised individuals and those ineligible for the vaccine
- Staff and students who have completed a five-day isolation period after testing positive for COVID-19 should wear a mask for an additional five days after returning to school to reduce potential spread
- Those with a household member who has recently tested positive for COVID-19
- Ill students being evaluated by the health office or waiting to be picked up to reduce potential spread
Individual schools/programs will determine if meals will be served in cafeterias and/or classrooms
Field trips will be allowed for Summer Learning Programs when COVID-19 community levels are low or medium in Ramsey County and the destination.
- Parent/guardians are welcome inside school buildings (we ask that families limit their visits to 15 minutes when possible)
- Outside visitors are allowed by appointment only
Daily Health Screening
Families should conduct a health screening every morning before sending their student to school or the bus stop. School staff will also monitor for symptoms throughout the school day. COVID-19 symptoms may include fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, and other symptoms.
If your child is exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, do not send them to school. Report the absence to your child’s school & submit a report to the COVID-19 Reporting System the same day for next steps.
Español: Guía del Programa de Aprendizaje Seguro COVID-19
Hmoob: Cov Lus Qhia Txog Tej Yam Uas Yuav Tsum Ua Kom Txhob Muaj Tus Kab Mob COVID-19 Rau Thaum Kawm Ntawv Lub Caij Ntuj So Hauv SPPS
Karen: SPPS Summer Learning Programs COVID-19 Guidance
Soomaali: Tilmaamaha COVID-19 ee Barnaamijyada Waxbarashada Xagaaga ee SPPS