The SPPS Online School is a new, no cost, online program that allows students in grades K-12 to take classes that meet Minnesota academic standards in a flexible, safe and highly supportive learning environment. Grades K-8 are an expansion of the high school program that was announced earlier this year.
SPPS Online School curriculum is designed using strategies that are proven to work in a virtual environment.
- Students will use the digital platforms on their school iPad for learning. K-3 students will use Seesaw and 4-8 students will use Schoology.
- Students will be provided learning in all academic areas that meet the Minnesota Academic Standards.
- Classes may include synchronous instruction and asynchronous/independent work time.
- Attendance will be taken during Morning Meeting for students in K-5 and Foundations for students in grades 6-8.
- Teachers will have scheduled office hours when they are available to answer questions and work with students in specific classes.
- Immersion, dual language or other specialty magnet instruction will not be offered.
- Special education and English learner programs and services will be available based on student needs.
- Students who enroll in the SPPS Online School will give up their seat at their current school.
- The SPPS Online school is open to enrollment by students in neighboring districts.