Imagine a school with a flexible schedule where you could work on projects and subjects that matter to you all while being taught by teachers that are passionate about online learning. The new SPPS Online School for grades 9-12 is built for individualization. No matter your interests or schedule, SPPS Online School can provide you the flexibility and opportunities to succeed.
At the SPPS Online School:
- Learning will be 100% online
- Students will receive instruction in core subjects and electives
- Students will engage in synchronous and asynchronous learning that addresses state standards
- Students will be taught by passionate SPPS teachers who build strong relationships with their students
- Students will graduate with a diploma from the SPPS Online School
- Students in grades 9-12 will be offered a flexible school schedule. Synchronous instruction will be offered in morning and afternoon sessions.
- The curriculum will be taught by SPPS teachers passionate about online learning.
- Students will connect to their teacher’s classroom using Schoology on their school iPads.
- Students will be provided learning in all academic areas that meet the Minnesota Academic Standards.
- Students are expected to participate in Crew and communicate with their Crew Leader to establish daily attendance.
- Students will have access to the coursework that is necessary to graduate from Saint Paul Public Schools.
- Students will have access to new and innovative elective offerings.
- Classes may include synchronous instruction and asynchronous/independent work time.
- Immersion, dual language or other specialty magnet instruction will not be offered.
- Special education and English learner programs and services will be available based on student needs.
- Enrollment for grades 9-12 for the 2021-22 school year is limited to 450 students.
- Students will register for specific courses after enrolling in the SPPS Online School.
- Students who enroll in the SPPS Online School will give up their seat at their current school.
- The SPPS Online school is open to enrollment by students in neighboring districts.