Welcome to the Saint Paul Public Schools Department of Transportation
The Saint Paul Public Schools Transportation Department provides safe, timely and efficient transportation for students attending SPPS and after-school programs, as well as for students attending non-public and some charter schools that are located within the City of Saint Paul. SPPS provides transportation to approximately 32,000 students to/from school every school day.
Updates & Reminders
- Families will receive a postcard in the mail with transportation information at the end of August. If your child rides the school bus, you’ll receive the bus stop, pick-up and drop-off times. This postcard will also include information if your child walks to and from school, or uses Metro Transit at participating high schools.
- If your family moved over the summer, update your address at spps.org/onestop.
- If you believe your student is taking the bus but did not receive a postcard at the end of August, please call your child's school.
- Please arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to pick up your child.
- Track the status of your child’s bus on your school’s website or the Bus Status app linked below.
- For your up-to-date bus pick-up and drop-off times, log on to your Campus Parent account and click on the Transportation tab.
The Bus Status app reports buses greater than 10 minutes late and displays up-to-date bus information for SPPS families and students.
Notice: Bus Status has a new and improved app just in time for the new school year! The Bus Status app currently installed on your phone will not update automatically to the new app, and will end notifications after September 29. Download the new Bus Status app for free at the Apple App Store and via Google Play.