Welcome to the Highland Park High School PTSA!!!
We are excited for our 2017-2018 school year!
As a parent/guardian of a Highland Park Senior High (HPSH) student or a student of HPSH you are a member of the strong community that supports all students and teachers.
With students and teachers at the center of everything we do, the Highland Senior High School PTSA* supports excellence, enrichment and well-rounded programming that builds achievement and the community fabric of our school. We support these values in two critical ways:
- Providing resources for students, teachers and classrooms through direct funds that support classroom and program activities and supplies; and,
- Uniting the HPSH Community through support for school-wide, enrichment and interest-based activities, events, and programs.
REASONS TO JOIN THE PTSA
- It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems.
- Discover resources to help make your child’s high school experience successful.
- You’ll be in “in the know.” Each HPSH PTSA meeting includes an update from the principal, Dr. Tucker, and there is time to speak with the Parent & Community Liaison, about individual issues prior to each PTSA meeting.
- We are flexible. Joining the PTSA doesn’t mean you have to attend every (or any) meetings. Come to meetings and other PTSA events, as your schedule allows. If you sign-up for the PTSA distribution list (HPSHptsa@gmail.com), you will receive meeting minutes and will always know what the PTSA is up to.
- Tap into the HPSH PTSA network. The PTSA is a great way to meet other parents, along with school staff, and teachers.
- It’s a chance to make a difference. By sharing your ideas, concerns, and experiences you can help foster a strong sense of community at HPSH.
- We need you. The PTSA works on behalf of all the students at HPSH. We need your support to do this important work and be successful.
Give to the Max Day, Thursday November 16th. Vote for Highland Park Senior High!
Vote for our school with your donation on Thursday, November 16th... Give to the Max day!
Your contribution pays for supplemental learning materials in the classroom, additional support for our athletic teams, and this year we hope to support a new effort to improve the courtyard between the high school and middle school. We are working to make it a more usable space during lunch and after school.
Last year, we had $50,000 in funds requests requests yet we could only pay out approximately $13,000. The more we raise, the more we can help our school! You will be hearing this theme in the coming week: "Give to the Max, Vote for Highland Park Senior High School." Click the donate button in the top right corner of the school website to donate via our online GiveMN page. If you want 100% of your donation to go to PTSA (helps PTSA avoid the online credit card processing fees!), feel free to drop off a check in the "ballot box" in the office written out to Highland Park Senior High PTSA. Thanks for supporting our students!
Donation link: https://www.givemn.org/organization/Hpshgive
Opportunities to help our fundraising effort:
- Host a HPSH Give to the Max yard sign! Reply to this email with your address and we will come drop off a sign in your yard.
- Join us from 7:00-7:30am in the school parking lot on Thursday November 16th for our parking lot rally! The school cheerleading team will be with us, along with lots of enthusiasticparents and students who will be selling doughnuts and coffee, waving signs, and reminding families to donate.