Welcome to the Highland Park High School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)!!!
We are excited for our 2017-2018 school year!
As a parent/guardian of a Highland Park Senior High (HPSH) student or a student of HPSH you are a member of the strong community that supports all students and teachers.
With students and teachers at the center of everything we do, the Highland Senior High School PTSA* supports excellence, enrichment and well-rounded programming that builds achievement and the community fabric of our school. We support these values in two critical ways:
- Providing resources for students, teachers and classrooms through direct funds that support classroom and program activities and supplies; and,
- Uniting the HPSH Community through support for school-wide, enrichment and interest-based activities, events, and programs.
REASONS TO JOIN THE PTSA
- It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems.
- Discover resources to help make your child’s high school experience successful.
- You’ll be in “in the know.” Each HPSH PTSA meeting includes an update from the principal, Dr. Tucker, and there is time to speak with the Parent & Community Liaison, about individual issues prior to each PTSA meeting.
- We are flexible. Joining the PTSA doesn’t mean you have to attend every (or any) meetings. Come to meetings and other PTSA events, as your schedule allows. If you sign-up for the PTSA distribution list (HPSHptsa@gmail.com), you will receive meeting minutes and will always know what the PTSA is up to.
- Tap into the HPSH PTSA network. The PTSA is a great way to meet other parents, along with school staff, and teachers.
- It’s a chance to make a difference. By sharing your ideas, concerns, and experiences you can help foster a strong sense of community at HPSH.
- We need you. The PTSA works on behalf of all the students at HPSH. We need your support to do this important work and be successful.
Welcome from the President
Welcome back to our returning families! To our new families, we are thrilled to welcome you to the Highland Park Senior High (HPSH) community! We hope you’re all enjoying these last weeks of summer and are ready for another exciting and impactful school year.
I am so proud and honored to join an amazing group of parents, students and alumni this year on the PTSA Executive Board. HPSH is a vibrant community because of its wonderful students and families - I’ve certainly learned this during the three years I’ve been the parent of a proud Scot! And its success is directly connected to our collective involvement. For the PTSA to be effective and truly representative of the school, everyone’s participation is essential. As a new school year begins, I invite you all to join us at an upcoming PTSA meeting (schedule published on "PTSA Meeting Schedule page"). Your voice is truly needed and valued.
Your contributions - whether time, knowledge, or other resources - make a significant difference to our school community. We look forward to what we can all accomplish together during the 2017-18 school year!
Anne Kelly Berg
2017-2018 HPSH PTSA President