Degrees and Certifications:
- Short-term individual counseling related to social-emotional or mental health concerns, stressful family situations, self-awareness and future planning, and academic skill development
- Small group counseling about friendship skills, academic skills, emotional regulation & coping skills, and lots of other topics
- Classroom lessons teaching social-emotional, academic, and career skills
- Help with crisis situations such as suspected child abuse or neglect, suicidal ideation, or self-harm concerns.
- Haley will work with Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grades and is here every day.
- Laurel will work with 1st and 4th grades and is here Wednesdays, Fridays, and every other Tuesdays. If Laurel is gone, Haley can help with student needs, no matter the grade level.
- Both Haley and Laurel's offices are located in the Prairie wing by door 14, (Haley is room 1311 -Emily's old office, Laurel is room 1313).
- Haley or Laurel (according to the grade division above) will come into your classroom
- For grades Kindergarten-2nd grade (NEW THIS YEAR)- will have counseling lessons weekly!
- For grades 3-5: Occur every other week for about 30 minutes each (25-35 minutes depending on the lesson)
- We will ask you for your day/time preferences and keep the same day/time all year, except for changes needed due to days off
- The lessons are most effective if you (the teacher) are actively participating, so that you can then continue using the vocabulary, skills, and concepts with your class. 30 minutes is not much time for us to make an impact, but if you continue discussions around the topics, they will gain a lot more traction.