5-8 DCD Special Education
“Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has!” -Margaret Mead
We believe that every individual in our program will change the world and make a difference in someone’s life!
Throughout the week students participate in all core academic classes that include literacy, reading, math, and writing. Along with these areas individuals participate in social skills class, cooking, adaptive physical education, job skills, music therapy and functional daily living skills. Being part of the Global Arts Plus school, all students have the opportunity to participate in their grade level art residency and art specialist classes.
Our mission in the St. Paul Public Schools Special Education Program, is to assist students in becoming responsible, contributing citizens.
- That all students are members of the educational community
- All individuals have the potential to learn and grow.
- All students will be respected, supported, and educated by staff to meet their needs.
- The curriculum will incorporate all areas of lifelong learning and encompasses diverse instruction for all learners.
- Staff members will share responsibility to assure that all students receive a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- Special education will promote students’ growth and development in collaboration among students, families, and general education.
For more information on Saint Paul Public Schools Special Education please visit: http://specialed.spps.org/
Please click on the teacher's name on the right-hand side under "In This Section" for more information on the teacher and their classes.
Special Education Paraprofessionals
Kelly McColley, DCD teaching assistant
Jackie Belden-Terlinde, DCD teacher assistant
Kathy Sekorski, special education teacher assistant
Ayah Ahmed, special education teacher assistant
Te'jah Fields, special education teacher assistant
Amino Duale, DCD teacher assistant