Mays PTA seeks to be an active part of the partnership between home and school. For more information on how to become involved, call the school at (651) 325-2400.Mays PTA (Parent Teacher Association) Meetings 2019-2020
- Tuesday, September 10
- Tuesday, December 10
- Tuesday, January 14
- Tuesday, April 14
- Tuesday, May 12
All meetings will be held in the Red Atrium from 6:00-7:00. A light dinner and chidcare provided.
The PTA is a vital part of Mays and sponsors the following events:
- Meet & Greet (to ease transition into the new school year)
- Fall Festival (a celebration of community)
- Mays CAFE (two CAFE events during the year to focus on partnership between home and school)
- NAAPID - National African American Parent Involvement Day (parntership building)
- Scholastic Bookfair (oportunity for parents and teachers to add to their home/school libraries)
- Staff Appreciation
- Health Initiatives (such as PowerUp with HealthPartners)
- Mays Moves (a celebration encouraging families to be active together)
The purpose of the Benjamin E Mays PTA is to provide a forum where parents, teachers, administrators, and community members can come together to discuss ways to promote quality education, encourage community involvement, and work for a healthy school environment.
Mission: Mays PTA is committed to representing and serving the members of our multi-cultural community, welcoming and helping parents, teachers and administrators give our very best for all of our students. Together we are a powerful voice for children.
We welcome all parents and staff members!