Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Get Involved with the CH Community!
Fall conferences are coming up! We would love to provide meals for our wonderful teachers both Thursday, November 14 and Tuesday, November 19 nights.
Please sign up here:
The kick-off for Give to the Max Day (GTMD) started November 1! Capitol Hill is halfway to our direct drive goal. All gifts made today through November 14 count towards our GTMD total and make us eligible for prizes. Please donate today!
Join the Works Museum for a Family Friendly evening of engineering projects.
Monday, Dec. 9, 6-8 p.m.
10 Volunteers are needed to run the stations. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help make this night a success! Thank you! We look forward to seeing you there.
Thank you to all of the families who came out to our first PTO meeting of the year! In case you missed it, you can find the meeting minutes on here our PTO website.
We talked a lot about how to build an amazing school community, and now we need everyone's help to continue the great progress we've started! There are two key ways you can get involved:
1. Sign up to be a Grade Level Parent representative. We're still looking for parents to support grades 5th grade. Rochelle will reach out to all parents who have signed up to get the ball rolling soon! You can sign up to be a grade level parent rep on this spreadsheet.
2. Sign up to carry forward another idea you are passionate about. We brainstormed a LOT of great ways to build our school community at the meeting earlier this month. A few that stood out were making Capitol Hill PTO meetings and events more accessible, creating a standard newsletter for each grade, family mentoring, creating professional learning opportunities, and building neighborhood bridges. Sign up here to help with these ideas or share another that you would really like to make happen! The PTO board will reach out in early October to talk about ways to bring these ideas to life.
Sign Up for your Captiol Hill PTO Membership Toolkit account! This plugs you into PTO communication and allows you to search the family directory. If you choose, you can also join the family directory.
- Go to https://capitolhillpto.
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- If you already have an account with another organization that uses Membership Toolkit you can use the same email and password to login. You can then proceed to the numbered steps below. (Most Capitol Hill families can ignore this step and just proceed to the next step below on how to create an account.)
- Select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information. If you were in the soon-to-be retired MySchoolAnywhere version of the Capitol Hill family directory, please use the same email address from the previous directory so that Membership Toolkit connects your new account with your family information from the old directory.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process.
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
Once the Primary Account is set up, the Primary User can "invite" other email addresses to access the account. This allows the Secondary User to have their own login information, but still have access to the family account.
Questions? - Please don't hesitate to contact the Capitol Hill PTO Membership Toolkit Team at ptodirectory.capitolhill@
- Go to https://capitolhillpto.
Support the PTO
Ways you can support PTO and get a tax deduction.
Our goal is to make fundraising simple, flexible, and budget friendly for all families.
The more we are able to raise funds through direct donations, the fewer fundraiser events we must host; therefore freeing our time and efforts to support the school and students with more educational services and experiences.
- Direct Drive - Our annual drive to gather donations directly! Contributions may be made by check or through GiveMN.org using your credit card by clicking here. 100% of the dollars raised go directly to support teachers and students at Capitol Hill.
- Volunteer opportunities - PTO supports various events throughout the year that need volunteers. Please click here to see a list of current volunteer spots that are available. If you are interested but do not know how to help or if you have an idea of your own, email us!