Site Council Mission Statement
Site Council offers an opportunity to enhance education for all children at St. Anthony Park Elementary School by strengthening our sense of community.
A small and representative group of staff, parents and community members come together once a month to work on continuous improvement of the relationship between home, school and community. We are a listening and discussion board that shares input and participates in decision-making for SAP that is not focused on fundraising. We examine the school's SCIP, School Continuous Improvement Plan, and suggest any necessary changes. We contribute input on budget decisions and the best way to share them with the larger community.
Visitors are welcome to sit in on the meetings. Site Council meets the second Tuesday of each month, from 5 to 6:00 p.m. If you would like to propose an agenda item, please contact Principal Duke 24 hours ahead of time.
Principal Karen Duke firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Site Council?
Site Council is a group of parents, staff and community members. Its mission is to offer an opportunity to enhance education for all children at St. Anthony Park Elementary (SAP) by strengthening our sense of community. We are a listening and discussion board that shares input and participates in decision-making for SAP that is not focused on fundraising. Overall, we strive to raise awareness of key information related to SAP and increase involvement of all families, staff and community members in activities, discussion and support.
Our monthly discussions and responsibilities include:
- Communication and how to best share important information
- Inclusiveness of all families
- SAP's school budget, student enrollment and staffing
- Results of the school survey and opportunities for improvement
- Progress with the facilities master plan and school construction plans
- Representation of SAP at the SPPS Parent Information Fair every year in January
- Host community gatherings for the school and neighboring community on pertinent topics (i.e. school budget, remodeling/expansion project)
Site Council members serve as a sounding board for Dr Duke as well as a resource for other members of the school community. Are you looking for more in-depth information or to address an issue of interest? Please feel free to approach us for information, ask questions or attend a meeting to raise a concern
Spring Survey Results
In the spring of 2017, Site Council sent an all school email to families, hoping to identify common positives and priorities within our school community. The results would be used to both inform Site Council and Principal Johnson of what we are doing well and what we could improve upon, particularly as we set our budget.
The budget can be confusing, so here are some questions that are often asked, and some answers. We hope to be transparent and open during the budgeting process.
2017-18 Site Council Members
Site Council Members for 2017-2018
- Angela Anderson (1 and 4th grade parent)
- Annie Hanson (1st grade)
- Andrea Kisch (2nd grade)
- Andrew McNattin (1st and 3rd grade and SAPSA president)
- Christine Melko (K and 3rd grade)
- Lauren Renner (1st grade and SAPSA vice president)
- Michelle Riehle (3rd grade and Site Council Co-Chair)
- Christina Sheu (K and 2nd grade)
- Jennifer Voegele (2nd and 5th grade)
- Matt Crosby (Kindergarten teacher)
- Christopher Funk (3rd grade teacher and Site Council Co-Chair)
- Ruth Krider (2nd grade teacher)
- Courtney Moriarty (St. Paul Parks and Rec-Langford Park manager)
- Kim Engstrom (Discovery Club site manager)
- Karen Duke (Principal and 2nd grade parent)
Monthly Meetings are held the second Tuesday of each month from 5-6 p.m.