Dear Parent or Guardian,
My name is Margaret Carlson and I will be teaching your child Spanish at Benjamin E. Mays this year. I have been teaching at Benjamin E Mays since 2014.
I have a BA in Spanish and am dual licencsed to teacher Spanish K-12 and ESL K-12.
I started teaching in 2010 as a 5th and 7th grade ESL teacher in south west Minnesota. I then came back to the Twin Cities and taught Spanish grades 2-7 at a Classical Charter school in Maple Grove.
I will be teaching using the method of Cultural Based TPRS (Teaching Proficiency Through Reading and Storytelling/ Total Physical Response Storytelling). TPRS is a kinesthetic and interactive method so your child will have many opportunities to be an active participant in his/her learning through song, dance, movement, drawing, acting, etc.
Did you know...
There are many benefits of learning a second language?
Some of the researched benefits of learning a second language are as follows:
- Benefits academic progress in other subjects
- Narrows achievement gaps
- Benefits basic skills development
- Benefits higher order, abstract and creative thinking
- Enriches and enhances cognitive development in early education
- Enhances a student's sense of achievement
- Helps students score higher on standardized tests
- Promotes cultural awareness and competency
- Improves chances of college acceptance, achievement and attainment
- Enhances career opportunities
- Benefits understanding and security in community and society
My email is email@example.com and my number is 651-744-4058 if you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to teaching your child this school year and I hope to stay in contact with your throughout the year to discuss your child’s progress.