Hola y bienvenidos,
Welcome students and families to Spanish class! My name is Srta. Elliott and I am looking forward to getting to know you.
A little about me...
My preparation for this teaching role includes growing up bilingual and bicultural in Ecuador, earning a BA in K-12 Spanish Education, and formal teaching experience since 2014. I enjoy traveling and working as an interpreter during the summer.
One of my major hopes for students is that they learn more Spanish and explore various cultures so that they have a better understanding of themselves and of the world. These goals will be reachable with the partnership and support from parents.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any comments or questions on how to get involved.
Srta. Amanda Elliott V.
Did you know that there are many benefits of learning a second language?
Some of the researched benefits of learning a second language are as follows:
- Benefits academic progress in other subjects
- Narrows achievement gaps
- Benefits basic skills development
- Benefits higher order, abstract and creative thinking
- Enriches and enhances cognitive development in early education
- Enhances a student's sense of achievement
- Helps students score higher on standardized tests
- Promotes cultural awareness and competency
- Improves chances of college acceptance, achievement and attainment
- Enhances career opportunities
- Benefits understanding and security in community and society