Welcome to the School Counseling Department Homepage!
Counseling Department Summer Hours
Counselors will be available on select Wednesdays this summer from 8:00AM-12:00PM, primarily to register new students.
- June 21- Choua Vang
- June 28 - Kia Thao
- July 12 - Micheal Grant
- July 19 - Molly McCurdy
- July 26 - Emily Jacobson
- August 2 - Emily Jacobson & Micheal Grant
- August 9 - Ashley Kronwall & Molly McCurdy
- August 16 - Kia Thao & Choua Vang
The CPHS Counseling team offers a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses the three domains of student development: Academic, College/Career, and Personal/Social.
Specific services include:
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Academic Support and Planning
- Post-Secondary Planning
How do I know which counselor is my counselor?
Counselors are assigned by student’s last name:
- Mr. Michael Grant: student last names beginning with A-F
- Ms. Emily Jacobson: student last names beginning with G-L
- Ms. Ashley Kronwall: student last names beginning with M-Sg
- Ms. Choua Vang: student last names beginning with Sh-Z
Academy of Finance Counselors
- Ms. Molly McCurdy: 9th grade last names beginning with A-N, All 12th graders
- Ms. Kia Thao: 9th grade last names beginning with O-Z, All 10th and 11th graders
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) is a preliminary version of the SAT. This standardized test is cosponsored by National Merit Scholarship Corporation, which is the route of entry for the National Merit Scholarship.
The test will be administered on-site: Wednesday, Oct. 19th at 7:45 AM.
Pre-registration for the PSAT/NMSQT will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 12th during advisory in the library. Students interested can sign-up in the College Resource Center, however, there are limited spaces. There is a $15 fee that can be paid cash or check to Mrs. Vang by Monday, Oct. 17th.
Request for Student Records
Please send request for student records or transcripts for current students to email@example.com. Please include the students name, with any necessary spelling, DOB and year they attended or current grade. Transcript requests that are one (1) or more years older should be requested from our Student Placement Center at 651.632.3701.
Como Park Senior High School's ACT/SAT registration and College Application High School Code is 242280.