About Galtier Community School
Through our multi-grade learning studios, students can be grouped by skill level rather than grade level − offering a unique classroom environment for collaboration. Our large media center, the Exploratorium, provides a hands-on approach to technology and creativity. This unique, recently renovated school environment helps shape personalized learning, with teachers who strive to provide instruction tailored for each student. A deeply dedicated staff and strong sense of community help our students stay engaged, all within a warm, caring atmosphere.
Galtier Elementary School, in the historic Midway area of Saint Paul, provides the setting for our dynamic learning community.
Educate, inspire, and empower a community of lifelong learners in an environment of respect for all
Galtier Community School is a school of excellence that promotes high academic achievement, encourages independent thinking, and empowers all students to be successful in a global community.
Galtier Community School Offers:
- Technology integration throughout the building
- Smartboard, a built in speaker system, microphones, and multi-media
- All day pre-kindergarten
- All day kindergarten
- School uniforms
- Specialist classes (Science & Physical Education)
- Extended Day Learning Program (twice a week)
- Community Volunteers (reading & math)
- Minnesota Reading Corps Tutoring Program (PreK)
Pathway: Galtier --> Murray --> Como Park Senior
Facts About Our School
- Grade Levels: Pre K to 5
- Enrollment: 231
- School Hours: 9:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
- Teaching Staff: Approximately 48% of faculty members have advanced degrees
- Specialists: Science, Physical Education, Music
- English Language Learner Program (ELL): Yes
Students Who Identify As:
- American Indian 1%
- Asian American 15%
- African American 61%
- Hispanic American 12%
- Caucasian American 11%
Students Who Qualify For:
- Special Education 9.6%
- Free and Reduced Lunch 88.5%
- English Language Learning 29%