Virtual Tour of What Makes Murray Great
At Murray Middle School, our Core Values program engages students in lessons that promote respect, responsibility and safety by maintaining physical and emotional well-being.
We invite you to take our virtual tour to see what makes Murray Middle School great.
Welcome to Murray Middle School
Technology at Murray Middle School
Science at Murray Middle School
New Construction at Murray Middle School
Extracurricular Events at Murray Middle School
Events at Murray Middle School
Athletics at Murray Middle School
Seventh Grade at Murray Middle School
Eighth Grade at Murray Middle School
- An inclusive environment to strengthen each student’s academic, behavioral, social and emotional development.
- Opportunities to build character through our “core values” and active parent and school community.
- Strong community partners for learning include the Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning Center and the University of Minnesota Raptor Center.
- A focus on science with the largest one-day science fair in Minnesota.
- W.E.B. (Where Everyone Belongs) – a group that places incoming students in small groups with 8th grade student leaders.
- Specialized programs to support student academic success, including the Pilot 1:1 tutoring program, the Honoring Project, AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) and New Lens Urban Mentoring.
- An Extended Day Learning (EDL) program that allows students to explore interests and build skills in academics, arts, athletics, and technology.
- Accelerated classes for high school credit in science, geometry, Spanish and French.
- Opportunities in instrumental music (band and orchestra), theater and engineering.
- “Dare To Be Real” interracial student leadership council.
- Newly renovated learning spaces, computer lab and cafeteria.
Main Focus Areas
We strengthen each student’s emotional, social and behavioral development through:
• Honor and value for ourselves, others and the school environment.
• Meet personal and community expectations.
• Maintain physical and emotional well-being in our school community.