Our After-School Sports Program offers a variety of sports each season. Each sports season is nine weeks long. Membership on a team requires a desire to play and the appropriate commitment to being a team player.
In all of the sports programs, Battle Creek teams compete against other middle schools in our district. We have four sports seasons throughout the school year consisting of 11 different teams.
In order to participate in school sports, students must have an Athletic Health Examination Form on file with the school nurse. The health examination needs to have been completed within the past three years. Students must also turn in a Parent Permission Form for each sport they play during the year. Please click on the Health Examination and Parent Permission forms below. Students can also pick up copies of these forms in the school office.
- Provide an opportunity for students to learn the rules, strategies, and teamwork in a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Develop fundamental athletic skills that prepare participants for advanced competition.
- Reinforce life skills of respect, cooperation, and effort in a competitive environment.
- Have fun and promote school pride.
Program Fees: There is an athletic fee for each season to help pay for equipment, uniforms, and officials
- $30 participation fee for all students
- Games: The school will supply transportation to and from away games
- Practices: Parents/guardians must provide transportation for their child
- Practices end at 4 p.m. Students must be picked-up promptly at 4 p.m.
Student Athletic Behavior Expectations:
- Exhibit desirable behavior at all times while representing the school
- Respect my opponent, fellow students, team members, coaches and spectators
- Exercise self-control at all times, and accept and respect the officials’ judgment and interpretation of the rules
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and cooperative behavior
- Respect school property and the property of students and community members
How to Register:
- Listen to the morning and afternoon announcements
- Complete Athletic Permission and Health Questionnaire form and hand it into the nurse
- Forms are handed out during lunches and sports meeting (approximately two weeks before each sport season begins)
After School Sports Schedules:
- Visit: http://sports.spps.org/domain/10919
- Saint Paul Public School Sports: http://sports.spps.org
Students Watching After-School Athletics:
- Students must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- The parent/guardian must actively supervise their child during the game and provide them with transportation home
- Students must stay in the activity area for the duration of the event
- Students must leave immediately following the event.
Sport Staff and Coaches
Athletic Director: Mr. Terry Seeman
Girls Volleyball Coach: Ms. Tami Gutz
Girls Soccer Coach:
Boys Soccer Coach:
Flag Football Coach: Mr Joe Gwin
Girls Basketball Coach: Mrs. Lund & Mrs.Day
Wrestling Coach: Mr. Wenisch
Boys Basketball Coach:
Girls Badminton Coach: Ms. Tami Gutz
Girls Softball Coach:
Boys Baseball Coach: Mr. Wenisch & Mr. Shoemaker
Track Coach: Mr. Joe Gwin, Mr. Feiock