At our school, we believe middle school is the most exciting part of a student’s education. Students receive a full array of arts, technology, science, social studies and physical education instruction, and teams of two teachers instruct many of our classes, providing extra time and attention for individual students.
Monthly events bring students together to socialize and learn; everyone can participate in free after-school classes in our Panther Extended Program. Student activities and groups reflect the varied cultures and traditions of the beautiful and promising young people at Battle Creek Middle.
Pathway: Battle Creek > Harding * Serves Area C (EAST of 35E)
Students MUST in uniform on the first day of school! Be ready!
- Top/Shirts = white, navy blue or yellow "polo" style shirt with a collar.
- There should be NO emblems or insignias (no logos).
- Bottoms = khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, capris or skirts (appropriate length).
- Belts are optional.
- Oxford shirts (button down dress shirt) are also acceptable. Same colors as the Polo shirt.
- Plain Navy blue sweatshirt may be worn over Polo shirt or Oxford shirt.
- No Denim or cargo style pants or leggings or jeggings
If you have any additional questions or need more information, please feel free to call and speak to an administrator or school counselor at 651-293-8960
At a Glance
- Serving grades 6-8
- Enrollment 767
- Principal: LaNisha Paddock
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Phone: 651-293-8960
Students Who Identify As:
- American Indian 2%
- Asian American 41%
- African American 32%
- Hispanic American 17%
- Caucasian American 7%
Students Who Use:
- Special Education 16%
- Free and Reduced Lunch 82.1%
- English Language Learning 44.6%
2016 MCA II Student Proficiency:
- Grade 6 reading test 28.8%
- Grade 6 math test 21.8%
- Grade 7 reading test 26.6%
- Grade 7 math test 19.9%
- Grade 8 reading test 33.3%
- Grade 8 math test 28.8%
Student Assessment data is from Spring 2017. Student Demographic data is from Spring 2017.