Degrees and Certifications:
My role as the school counselor at LNFI upper campus (grades 2-5) is to help every student thrive academically, emotionally, and socially. In partnership with students, staff, family, and other members of the community, I strive to prepare students to become effective learners, achieve success in school, live successful and rewarding lives, and develop into contributing members of our society. I strongly believe all students reach their learning potential through the foundation of positive relationships at school.
I work with students in the following ways:
- Individual student meetings
- Facilitate small groups
- Teach classroom counseling lessons
- Support students who are having a rough day or are feeling sad
- Teacher consultation and collaboration
- Crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Improve student communication skills and develop effective decision-making and self regulation strategies.
I am also the 504 and attendance team coordinator.